Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DVD/Blu-Ray Picks Of The Week - 3/1/11


Sammy's Pick: OUT OF SIGHT (Region 1 Blu-Ray)
I gotta go with Out of Sight...George Clooney in a career defining role and one of the best Elmore Leonard adaptations....brilliant film, brilliant cast....must own on Blu!!!
Links:
Amazon Blu-Ray
High-Def Digest Blu-Ray Review/Specs


Large William's Pick: DR. BLACK & MR. HYDE: 35th Anniversary Edition (Region 1 DVD)
Finally! This film has been crying out for a proper DVD release after languishing in grey market hell for years. Helmed by William "Blacula" Crain and starring one of my absolute favorite, under-appreciated Blaxploitation actors, Bernie Casey and Rosalind Cash (also under-appreciated). Do not miss this one, gang!
kisses,
William
Links:
Amazon DVD
VCI Entertainment


Rupert Pupkin's Pick: DR. BLACK & MR. HYDE: 35th Anniversary Edition (Region 1 DVD)
One of the great lesser-championed blaxploitation knockoffs. Check out the trailer and tell me you don't wanna see this(I love how the copy is all done in rhyming verse). I've been a fan of Bernie Casey since I first saw REVENGE OF THE NERDS, but I've become a much bigger fan of his earlier films. Between this, SHARKY'S MACHINE, HIT MAN, CLEOPATRA JONES and even GARGOYLES, he is just an actor a like a lot.
Links:
Amazon DVD
VCI Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment