Tuesday, March 13, 2012

DVD/Blu-Ray Picks Of The Week - 3/13/12

Sammy's Pick: THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST (Region 1 Blu-Ray; Criterion)
There was a TON of controversy when this film was getting made, and once it was released it was attacked for being anti-religion. I find this film to be one of the most religious films I have ever seen, from a director who was bold enough to ask questions about his own faith. The controversy really stems from a "what if" moment in many ways, and if Jesus was human did he possibly not have the same desires and faults of man? Many believe not and this film doesn't support one belief over another but yet shows a subtle touch that possibly Jesus was as much man as any of us. I won't make this personal but I think this film is a catalyst on the true power of cinema as discussion and thought-provoking material. I will be upgrading my DVD copy....fact.

Links:
Amazon
BoulevardMovies.com
Blu-Ray.com Review
High-Def Digest Review

No comments:

Post a Comment