Wednesday, October 5, 2011

DVD/Blu-Ray Picks Of The Week - 10/4/11

Samurai's Pick: JACKIE BROWN (Region 1 Blu-Ray; Miramax/Lionsgate)
I personally still think this is Tarantino's masterpiece...not sure if this is a re-issue but BUT IT ANYWAY!!! Robert Forster gives arguably his best performance in a film ever and Pam Grier is glorious. Sam Jackson, De Niro, Keaton...the acting is all solid and Tarantino gets Elmore Leonard better than any film maker ever has or possibly ever will...this one isnt as flashy as some of Tarantino's other work but it's the film that made me realize he is the REAL DEAL when it comes to writing and directing. Pulp Fiction got the acclaim, Jackie Brown will age better over time.

Links:
Amazon
Blu-Ray.com Review
High-Def Digest Review

Aaron's Pick: AMER (Region 1 DVD & Blu-Ray; Olive/Opus)
I currently have this film on DVD in my possession but have yet to watch it. AMER is a French thriller/neo-giallo that has been getting high praises from genre and cult cinema fans for its heavily-stylized look and the fact that it pays homage to the works of Dario Argento (older Argento, mind you) and Mario Bava. I don't know whether or not all of you out there will enjoy it, but this has been one of my most anticipated releases of the year (I wasn't cool enough to get a screener copy last year, nor did I seek out a Region B disc).

Links:
Amazon DVD and Blu-Ray
OMG Entertainment (Region B Blu-Ray)
Blu-Ray.com Reviews: Region A and Region B


No comments:

Post a Comment